* What information do we collect?
We only request and collect information from you, including personally identifiable information, when you respond to a survey or fill out a contact form. If you choose to answer a survey or contact us, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address or phone number (optionally). You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
We also use Google Analytics software to collect non-personally identifiable information about visitors to our website. See additional information about our use of Google Analytics and Google Advertising, including methods to block and/or opt-out, below.
* What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send emails. The email address you provide may be used to respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
* How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter or submit your personal information.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites’ or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
* Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may disclose your information to trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
* Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
* California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
* Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
* Our use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics in order to better understand who uses this website, and how, and who comes to this website, and from where. We also use Google advertising to bring people to this website, and we allow Google to use the data collected by the Google Analytics program to optimize the placement of our advertising.
NO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IS CREATED, CAPTURED OR USED IN THIS PROCESS.
However, if you would like to prevent the Google Analytics program from capturing even anonymous information about you, you can block it, by installing a browser add-on, available for the Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera web browsers, here:
This will block Google Analytics not just on our website, but on any website using Google Analytics that you visit using the web browser that has the blocking add-on installed.
If you do not block Google Analytics:
- We may use general information about visitor interests and demographics, such as gender and age range, to better understand who is most interested in buying our book, and to place ads on websites where we can best reach those people.
- If some of those ads run on Google’s Display Network, we and third-party vendors, including Google, will use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how ad views, your other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad views and ad services relate to visits to our website.
- You can also opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
* Your Consent
This policy was last modified on 10-16-2013